Hotel Line Cook
Job Number: J1019-1016
Job Title: Hotel Line Cook
Job Type: Permanent Part Time
Business Unit: Hotel
Department: Food & Beverage
City/Province: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Open Positions: 2
Date Posted: December 4, 2019
Closing Date: December 10, 2019
Under the direction of the Executive Chef, Sous Chef or Chef de Partie, the Line Cook is responsible for preparing a multitude of hot and cold meals for sale and service to all customers of the hotel. This includes both internal and external customers alike during a prescribed shift. The Line Cook is required to take all necessary precautions to protect and ensure that safe work practices are adhered to. This position involves frequent standing and walking as well as lengthy periods of concentration when preparing customer orders.
Education and Experience:
• The incumbent is required to have line cook experience of 2 years in a large volume food service operation including broiler, fryer, hot and cold food preparation.
• A Post Secondary education in a recognized Hospitality or Culinary Management program would be an asset.
• Health and Safety Certificate.
• The incumbent will have a minimum of 2 years ongoing experience in a cook’s position with practical hands on knowledge and experience of large size foodservice operations.
• Specific Hotel and Banquet food and beverage operational experience would be an asset.
• Proven experience in preparing and cooking a wide variety of food styles is required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work and thrive in a team oriented environment, and be able to function independently also
• Ability to work in a physically demanding area and be familiar with a high-volume, fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
• Able to be flexible with shifts
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
We thank all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
* Priority will be given to Tsuut’ina Nation members.