Kitchen Helper – Closing Shift
Job Number: J0918-0116
Job Title: Kitchen Helper-Closing Shift
Job Type: Permanent Part Time
Business Unit: Hotel
Department: Food & Beverage
City/Province: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Open Positions: 1
Date Posted: December 3, 2019
Closing Date: December 9, 2019
Under the direction of the Executive Chef, Sous Chef or Chef de Partie, the Kitchen Helper is responsible for maintaining sanitary conditions within the food services department. Specifically, they are responsible for cleaning and sanitation of all dishware, pots, pans and utensils that are used for food service production and consumption on a daily basis. The Kitchen Helper is also responsible for maintaining sanitary working conditions within the food services department including walls, floors, generalized and special cleaning of kitchen equipment, and will adhere to all health and safety practices related to food service operations. The Kitchen Helper is required to take all necessary precautions to protect and ensure that safe work practices are adhered to. This position involves frequent standing and walking as well as lengthy periods of working with chemicals. This position may require lifting weight of up to approximately 50 lbs.
Education and Experience:
• The incumbent is required to have a basic understanding of food service establishments, as well as the requirements and expectations of this position.
• Previous experience is an asset, however required training will be provided to the selected candidate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work and thrive in a team oriented environment as well as independently.
• Possess a Health and Safety Certificate.
• Ability to work in a physically demanding area and be familiar with a high-volume, fast-paced, multitasking environment.
• Must be available for shift-work and be able to stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
We thank all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.No phone calls please.
* Priority will be given to Tsuut’ina Nation members.