Casino Temporarily Closed
The health and safety of our guests, staff members, and communities will continue to be our priority, and as such, we will act in accordance with the mandatory closure of all casinos as ordered by the Alberta government.
The mandatory closure becomes effective at 12:01 A.M. on Sunday, December 13th. We anticipate this closure will be until further notice, but we promise to provide consistent updates as information becomes available. We look forward to inviting everyone back when we reopen. Please take care and be safe.
Please note that Grey Eagle Hotel will remain open.
HOTEL AND GUEST ROOMS
• COVID-19 waiver forms at the Front Desk.
• Disinfecting guest keycards upon each use.
• Our Front desk has been arranged to allow for appropriate social distancing.
• Hotel floor signs have been marked to identify the appropriate distance between guests.
• Hand sanitizer will be provided at the front desk, with the option of disinfecting wipes.
• Plexiglass barrier at the front desk.
• Plastic pin pad covers for easy sanitation while suggesting cashless transactions to guests.
• Front desk and area to be sanitized after each guest check-in / check out.
• Front desk is equipped with infrared thermometers to conduct temperature checks on our guests upon request.
• Team members, including guest room attendants, will not enter occupied rooms.
• Increase cleaning of public spaces, focusing on our front desk welcome center and lobby area.
• Conduct daily meetings with our employees to review any relevant situation.
• Maximum of 3 guests can use the pool and gym at the same time.
• Minimizing the number and frequency of employees entering guest rooms during their stay to protect both our guests and employees.
• A guest room rotation plan that allows enough time for proper air circulation after guests check out.
• Removal of most collateral – like pens and paper, guest directories, from all rooms and making them available only upon guest request.
• Posting of occupancy recommendations for guests sharing an elevator. When feasible, guests will be asked to share elevators with only their travel companions.
• Changing of linens and towels only at checkout unless guest requests for them to be changed earlier.
• Room service available with all food individually packaged and left outside guestroom door.
• Housekeeping attendants will wear masks and gloves while cleaning each room and washing hands and changing gloves between each guest room.
• Extra disinfection of top 10 high touch areas in guest rooms, including light switches and door handles.
• Training on cleaning and disinfection for housekeeping attendants, with an emphasis on sequence of service and allowing required dwell times for all disinfectant solutions to effectively kill the virus.
• Training of employees on proper cleaning and disinfection protocols for corridors and housekeeping lockers (carts, cleaning equipment, linen storage, elevators, hallway touchpoints.)
For the well-being of our guests and team members, employees have been trained on cleaning and disinfectant techniques, including use of PPE, protocols for all surfaces, and tracking cleaning schedules. Recommended social distancing guidelines are being adhered to throughout the property and the presence of hand sanitizer stations has been increased across each area.
Grey Eagle Resort & Casino takes great care across every area of our property, working closely with health experts and adhering to guidelines set forth by the Alberta Health Services guidelines, and the Government of Alberta protocols.
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
GAMING FLOOR AND CASINO
• Mandatory masking effective immediately.
• Temperature taken at the entrance to Casino
• Social distancing markers and traffic routing
• Slot machine barriers
• Increased hand sanitizing stations
• Housekeeping team on-site to sanitize machines after use
• Designated staff wearing masks and gloves
• Increased hand pays to reduce contact
CLEANING AND DISINFECTING
• Our property is cleaned and disinfected daily and throughout each shift.
• Team members have been trained on proper cleaning and disinfecting procedures, as well as proper usage of PPE.
• High touch items have been cleaned and disinfected between use.
• Social distancing procedures are implemented throughout the facility, including appropriate signage in queuing areas.
• Casino floors, restaurants, and other seated venues have reduced their capacities to allow for appropriate social distancing.
HAND WASHING AND SANITIZING
• Additional hand sanitizing stations have been added throughout the property.
• Hand washing reminders are available throughout restroom facilities.
RESTAURANTS AND BARS (Temporarily Closed)
• We use Hard Surface Disinfectants that are on Health Canada’s list with evidence for use against COVID-19.
• All seating is in compliance with Alberta Health Services regulations regarding Social Distancing Guidelines.
• All food-service tables, chairs, booths, credit card devices, and hard surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected between each customer use.
• All Casino Food & Beverage Employees have taken mandatory COVID – 19 Health & Safety Training for Cleaning & Sanitizing of Surfaces within the Casino Foodservice Operations.
• All food and beverage staff will wear a face mask or face shield while on duty including cooks, supervisors, and managers.
• All staff must have their temperature checked every time they enter the facility via the employee entrance.