Open Date: September 19, 2014
Close Date: September 26, 2014
The Controller plays a key role in assisting the Chief Financial Officer in providing complete and accurate accounting and follow up on all financial activities and discrepancies for the Grey Eagle Resort & Casino in compliance with Alberta Gaming & Liquor Commission (AGLC) requirements, Grey Eagle Resort & Casino policies and procedures and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Oversee accounting entries are completed with accuracy and completeness
- Compile monthly revenue and payable accruals
- Completing monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Monitoring cash flow to ensure cash levels are maintained to sustain business operations
- Work with the accounting team to complete the monthly accounting close process including analytical reviews
- Maintaining accounting files
- Reporting of accounts payable and accounts receivable functions, which includes a regular review of the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable aging reports
- Responsible for the consistent application of accounting policies and processes while ensuring these policies conform to the accepted accounting principles
- Monthly bank reconciliations and credit card reconciliations
- Asset Management and Amortization
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Successful completion of a Post Secondary Degree in Accounting.
- Must have an accounting designation (CGA, CMA, CA)
- At least 2 years of experience in a supervisory accounting role
- Casino and/or Hotel experience would be considered an asset.
- Interpersonal skills to maintain good working relationships with employees and staff
- Aptitude for accuracy and detail in their work
- Analytical ability and previous experience with corporate accounting preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications (i.e. Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains an asset.
**Priority will be given to Tsuu T’ina Nation Members**
We thank all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Sally Simeon, Human Resources Coordinator